Butterfly In Flight

Butterfly In Flight

Wordless Wednesday
more players here

• BrigNo Gravatar says:

I love this one!! What a great photo!

Brig — It isn’t perfectly focused, but since it was flying, I am well pleased!

• The MummaNo Gravatar says:

Gorgeous! There’s something about the fragility of butterflies that make you appreciate what you’ve got.

• MelliNo Gravatar says:

OH WOW! Well… I didn’t catch one in flight! But I dO have a butterfly (or two) for Wednesday also! THAT is very well done Quilly! Were you using rapid fire???

• AndrewNo Gravatar says:

breathtaking!

Mumma — this one amazed me, and I was there!

Melli — no rapid fire. I took three shots as it fluttered about and this one came out well enough that one could tell it is a butterfly. The other two did not.

Andrew — thank you.

• Wow… Quilly, what a great shot … I love butterflies and have a butterfly bush in front of my house where I can watch them all day..thanks for sharing …Baba

• Well done, Quilly. You’re right — it’s very difficult to capture images of these pretty “flying flowers.” Happy Wordless Wednesday.

Bobbie

• Jules~No Gravatar says:

Wow Quilly what a treasure photo that you snapped. That is one of those times when God just smiles and says “here love”.

• JientjeNo Gravatar says:

Wow Quilly, that is so hard to do, and you did it so well!!!
    That’s gorgeous!

• MarNo Gravatar says:

What a perfect shot, Quilly!!!
    happy ww πŸ™‚

• Perfect shot for WW! My WS too is up hope you can drop by and I am asking for your help…. I was nominated for pinoyworld blog of the week, located at my side bar… Hope you can vote for me… Thanks a lot! Happy WW!

• IndraniNo Gravatar says:

Well captured!

• architectNo Gravatar says:

nice shot..mine is up!

• AliceNo Gravatar says:

Great photo, Quilly. I have always loved butterflies and used to collect anything butterfly. Would have gotten a butterfly tattoo one day but for Divine Intervention, haha.

• RebaNo Gravatar says:

I’d like to chase that butterfly, Quilly. Arf!! Happy Woofless Wednesday.

Baba — well go out to the bush and start taking pictures! We want to see!

Bobbie — “flying flowers” — I like that.

Jules — I like “God smiles”, too!

Jientje — pure luck — I promise!

Mar — thank you.

PLOL — I’ll check it out.

Indrani — thank you.

Architect — thank you.

Alice — butterflies should be free, not drilled into your body.

Reba — as long as you didn’t catch it!

• nea zimNo Gravatar says:

beautiful picture…hard shot to get, I would think.

• SandyCarlsonNo Gravatar says:

Stunning, Quilly. What a great shot.

• LeoraNo Gravatar says:

Great photo, I love the composition, the way the leaves frame the shot at left and the blurred mountain backdrop.

• dotNo Gravatar says:

This must be butterfly day! It’s hard enough to catch one sitting still much less in flight. You did good!

• Wow! Perfect capture! πŸ™‚

• MojoNo Gravatar says:

What an utterly awesome shot! I’m speechless (quite an accomplishment).
    Thanks for stopping by!
    -Mojo

• Judi~gmjNo Gravatar says:

Wonderful! Great shot.

• debateurNo Gravatar says:

I love butterflies. You did such a great job of that picture.

• CarverNo Gravatar says:

That’s a wonderful shot of the butterfly.

• jfargoNo Gravatar says:

Fantastic picture! Well framed, beautiful, and perfect timing. I wish I had that kind of skill!

• RandallNo Gravatar says:

Amazing capture. Not only is the butterfly in flight, but over water. To catch it from above you must have either been standing on a high bank, or have climbed the tree.

• CarlettaNo Gravatar says:

Float like a butterfly! I just came from Melli’s and she had butterflies. Butterflies and dragons.
    Nicely framed!

Nea — you would have enjoyed the shot of me running up and down the street in butterfly zig-zags trying to capture this photo.

Sandy — thank you. It was pure luck.

Leora — so do I, and it was purely accidental!

Dot — it must be a butterfly day, indded. I have seen several so far — all of them stunning (and in much better focus than mine).

Mary T — thank you. It was pure luck.

Mojo — no, no, this isn’t Wordless Wednesday!

Judi — thank you. It was pure luck.

Debatuer — — thank you. It was pure luck.

Carver — thank you. It was pure luck.

Jeremiah — trust me, skill had nothing to do with it. I was so frustrated with that butterfly by the time I captured this photo, that I think God must have taken pity on me!

Randall — it isn’t over water, but it is over a ravine. I was on a bridge near our condo complex. I ran up and down it for about 40 minutes trying to photograph that damn ADHD butterfly. It wouldn’t be still for more than a second at a time!

Carletta — yes, Melli’s butterflies are much more magnificent, but hers sat STILL! I say she cheated!

• RavenNo Gravatar says:

Wow! What an awesome shot! I love the context he/she is in too. So small but so magnificent amidst his/her surroundings. Cool photo.

• LilacspecsNo Gravatar says:

What a spectacular shot! I love when flying creatures are captured midflight in pictures. Amazing.

• amberstarNo Gravatar says:

That is a very wonderful shot of the butterfly in flight. Love it!

• *) thanks for the kind words!?!?

• polonaNo Gravatar says:

wow! the shot may not be technically perfect but the moment is priceless!

Raven — thank you. She is pretty small when compared to the tree and the mountain.

Lilac — thank you. I feel pretty “cool” about this pic.

Doug — πŸ™‚

Amber — can you teach me how to leave sweet comments? I’ve not been doing so well lately.

PLO – It was an observation not an insult. You asked me to push a button and vote. Nowhere did it say what I was voting for, or who your opponents were. For all I know, you could have been asking me to drop a bomb on San Francisco. I declined. It seemed sensible at the time — and given further consideration, still does.

Polona — that’s what I thought. OC said, “It’s blurry.” I said, “It’s a butterfly in flight and I can tell it’s a butterfly in flight!”

• CindyNo Gravatar says:

Nice capture! I can’t see one of that kind without remembering the summer we went out and found over a hundred of the monarch caterpillars, put them in screened pens, fed them and kept them till the butterflies hatched from the cocoons.
    I noticed your Ruby Tuesday entry- that looks like a fun thing to participate in- I’m going to try and remember to do one next week.
    Also, where did you get the comment script thing in your sidebar? I found one somewhere, but I really like yours better.

• Dr. JohnNo Gravatar says:

That had to be a hard shot to get. The butterfly is beautiful. It must be a butterfly day.

• hollydollyNo Gravatar says:

that’s just AWESOME. nice one quilly.

oh, and the letter ‘q’ thing was just me being silly. next time i will choose ‘x’. . .

• MinkydoNo Gravatar says:

Love it! What a great photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

• AndrewNo Gravatar says:

I love what you said on my blog tonight! πŸ™‚
    Yes, it’s been so long and I don’t know why. It’s template is from the same group that my poetry blog’s is from, but it has never had problems.
    (I love Diet Dr. Pepper, too. πŸ™‚

• PaulineNo Gravatar says:

Lovely!!! It is the flight after all that makes the journey worthwhile.