Three Word Thursday #4

March 4, 2009

Welcome to Three Word Thursday #4. This week, joining the quondam word-list, we have apanthropinization; paucity & zither. We also have a whole list of perspicacious writers.  If you enjoy reading my story, leave a comment then click on the names of the other players and go see how they used the words.  You’ll be entertained (and possibly educated) all at once.

This week’s post is dedicated to my blogging buddy, Jamie Dawn.  JD recently ran a contest on her blog and I was fortunate enough to win a handmade cross necklace.  I lifted these photos from JD’s blog without permission.  Meet JD and take a peek at her awesome crosses!

jd morecrosses

______________________________________________________

Meet Jamie Dawn

J.D. recently moved from California to Arkansas, where she claims all the people have long since succumbed to apanthropinization and as a result there seems to be a paucity of intelligence — except, of course, in her children.

Fortunately, evidence proves her right.  JD’s wonderfully talented daughter takes incredible photographs and is currently studying film-making in college.  And JD’s son, though not a zither player, is quite a musician and even has his own band.  Talent runs through this family like wild fire!

And, speaking of talent, one of our words for next week’s challenge is brought to you by none other than our own fabulous JD.   When you do the net search to find the meanings of these words, I’ve no doubt you’ll stumble across JD’s blog — and a good number of blogs she visits as well.

_*_

Perspicacious players:

Three Word Thursday #5:

Every Thursday I will give you three new words.  You have until the following Thursday to compose a story using all three of the words.  Then, on that following Thursday, post your story.  After you post, come by here and sign in in the comments.  Then, just like up above, I will put your links up for all to visit.

The Week Five words will be: hitonious; teterrimous & mellifluous

Got it?  Good!  In that case:  Your story is due on:  March 12th, 2009

• ThomNo Gravatar says:

Pleased to meet you Jamie Dawn. I’m sure I will be at your blog looking up the words that our illustrious leader of 3 Word Thursday doles out.

Speaking of which, great use of the words Quilly. A different approach and I liked how you did it. Bravo.

However, I must be a full time member of those that we refer to as volgivagant. I thought our 3 Word Thursday stories had to post on Thursday of whatever time zone we are in. Hmmmmph

• Dr. JohnNo Gravatar says:

That was different. I spent ten minutes looking for your story before I realized that was the story.
    Wonderful! Cute! Different!
    Hey don’t the regulars get on your list?
    I’m up and posted. I know I’m below standards for your list but I used those words.

Hurray for Quilly, JD and the word “hitonious!”

• bettygramNo Gravatar says:

Hello JD.
    My story is up.
    Nice way to use the words.

• Dr. JohnNo Gravatar says:

Are you getting desperate for words? One made up word hitonious
    One word on the edge of extinction
    teterrimous
    One world in common use
    mellifluous
    So I have to say your word choice is not only not mellifluous but has teterrimous aspects leading to something hitonious.

• KatNo Gravatar says:

How nice to meet JD. I know what kind of culture shock comes from a move between California and the south. Keep making those beautiful crosses!

• Dr. JohnNo Gravatar says:

Back again.
    Your two links are to last weeks entries and bothy of them have entries for this week.
    Give up and go to linksy.

• MelliNo Gravatar says:

Well, how do JD! I sure do like those crosses! Quilly, which color did you get?

I’m sorry my dear… due to the paucity of ideas flowing through this brain – probably caused by dealing with my Daily-Battle-Buddy’s increasing apanthropinization, I can not get INto the writing of these little stories! Instead, can I just play you a little ditty on my zither? It will be MOST mellifluous!

• MelliNo Gravatar says:

Oh! I meant to tell you — Pastor had us counting crosses in church last night! We came up with at least 250 of them — and that was BEFORE I noticed the crosses on the communion wafers! I bet your church has an abundance of them too!

• julianaNo Gravatar says:

hi, JD. you have a great PR in quilly.

Thom — I’m sure it was midnight somewhere.

Dr. John — you were not up and posted when I first posted, however Nessa and Juliana were. I cannot add links that don’t yet exist. Btw, Nessa has been visiting my blog since week one.

Kat — she makes them and she sells them. If you like the crosses you can get one.

Dr. John — Nessa’s link was to the wrong post, but Juliana’s worked just fine. I do not like linksy. Half the time I can’t get it to work correctly — for that I can do it myself!

Doug — I thought the gang would approve. Now, if only JD wasn’t on hiatius!

Betty — thank you. I thought this an appropriate thank you for my cross necklace.

Dr. John — well, I am keeping you entertained and engaged, am I not? Never before have I gotten three comments for you on just one post! And weren’t all words made up at one point or another?

Melli — I knew you could join in! You did great! I love it! And, JD sent me a white cross. I can wear it with anything. However, if I were to order one, I’d probably go for the dark green (cross photo, bottom left). AND that counting crosses is an idea. However, I was thinking something along the lines of that graphic that is on my Matthew 28:19 blog (which I’ve not posted on in forever!) where the cross is used as a bridge over the gap between man and God.

Oh, and Melli? The words to next week’s challenge are right there at the bottom of this week’s challenge.

Juliana — it was the least I could do for this wonderful necklace!

• RavenNo Gravatar says:

I did it! I did it! Finally. Hi JD. Off to read what others have done. This is hard work, Quilly!

• ThomNo Gravatar says:

You go Dr. John…LOL

Raven — yay! Your link has been added — before I even read your story!

Thom! Do not encourage him! Men!

• nessaNo Gravatar says:

Hi JD. Good job helping Quilly with her story this week.

• RavenNo Gravatar says:

Just so you know – the Melli link comes here and not to her blog.

• ThomNo Gravatar says:

<========hits the floor laughing again

• quillyNo Gravatar says:

Nessa — and JD’s on hiatus and doesn’t even know!

Raven — here — in the comments — is where Melli wrote!

Thom — you’re hopeless.

• ThomNo Gravatar says:

Better than homeless I must say No?

• MelliNo Gravatar says:

I KNOW the words are right at the bottom! I USED mellifluous in MY response! But Dr. John could NOT have known those words until you posted them sometime during the wee wee hours of the night OUR time! And YET… he still used them ALL in his story this morning!!! NEXT week’s words in THIS week’s story! That man likes words waaaaaaaaaaaay too much! LOL!

• MelliNo Gravatar says:

Oh… and for the record… I’M ENVIOUS! Dr. John has never left ME 3 comments on ONE post. This is clearly a case of “Mom always liked YOU best!!!” LOL!

• I didn’t make a story -per se- but I did include your words. They are within the other ridiculousness I expelled.

Those crosses are rather cool!

I will do a story next time.

• GattinaNo Gravatar says:

It took me two glances at least until I realized that the picture showed crosses ! I thought it was little men !

• Whoof!!! It’s late to post, but it’s still Thursday where I live… even in dog years and dog days, so I’m not too late yet. I posted a story woof yur words, and 2 other stories too, so I could earn some dog cookies woof the ad links… but they’re good stories… from a dog’s eye view. Arf, arf.

• Well, it’s finally up. Just under the wire, too, as it’s only 20 minutes away from Friday, lol. The last few days have been hectic and I’ve had no time to do my usual blogging.

Thom — well, if you were homeless all that rolling around on the ground laughing would probably put sand in your britches.

Melli — oh! I am so dense. Yes, I noticed that Dr. John was awful quick to snatch up words I’d first posted only a few hours before he shared his story. I just saw how they fit in the story and figured he just did a bit of finalgling of a ready-written script and slipped them in.

AND — neener, neener, neener!

Zerilda — the way you used my words was unique, original and hilarious! Keep it up!

Gattina — if they are little men, those little men have splitting headaches!

Reba — woot! You are one heck of a smart dog! I am glad you could join the party — better a bit tardy then not at all!

Alice — Reba beat you, but your story made it in with two hours and 45 minutes of Thursday to spare here in Hawaii.

• CarlettaNo Gravatar says:

Hi to JD! I’ve run across her crosses somewhere just can’t remember how! They are lovely.
    Love the way you used your words in her intro – clever.
    I’m enjoying reading the stories. You guys are good.

• MarNo Gravatar says:

Met JD through the Old,Old Lady of the Hills 🙂
    Lovely cross necklace!!!!!

• MarNo Gravatar says:

It sure seems Melli is mellifluous…

Yeah, your timing could have been better, but it was a nice sentiment. I have a black cross, by the way.

• Haha…. Melli managed to sneak in a good one here. I must admit that I at first thought ‘mellifluous’ was a made up word for Melli. Now I realize, after checking with the dictionary, that Melli is likely the made up part, lol. I do like the word ‘mellifluous’ and it’s meaning. Any day I learn something is a good day.

• Jamie DawnNo Gravatar says:

How nice of you to give me a public thank you AND to use my word, hitonious!!!!!
    This post was NOT hitonious!
    And I really enjoyed reading the comment too, also, as well.
    Your story is terrific!

Carletta — didn’t you story with us at Raven? You are good at this, too. I know you are!

Mar — the necklaces are lovely aren’t they? I get lots of compliments when I wear mine.

Doug — the black cross is perfect for Good Friday. I hope you wore it to church?

Alice — Melli is melliifluous in blogland, that’s for sure. She’s as bright and charming as a chirping bird.

JD — thank you. Be sure to venture back next Thursday when we ALL use your word in our stories. In fact, Dr. John has begun using your word already.

1 Trackback or Pingback