Lesser Evils

April 8, 2011

He emerges from the bedroom with wads of cloth in his hands.  She knows He’s headed for the laundry room.  She stops him.  “What are those?”  She demands.

He looks baffled and holds them up for her to see.  “Dirty socks and jeans,” he says.

She plants her hands on her hips.  “Uh-huh.  And just where are you going with them?”

He motions toward the door just a few feet away, “I was going to throw them in the laundry room.”

She raises her eyebrows and says, “There are NO dirty clothes in the laundry room. I worked all day to make it that way.”

“Oh,” He says.  He grins and tries to edge around her.

She sees him look longingly toward the laundry room.  “Let me repeat,” She says.  “There are NO dirty clothes in the laundry room.”

“No problem,” He says and puts everything down on the back of the couch.

She reconsiders.  “On second thought …”

Why is it the laundry room never stays clean for more than a few hours?

• musingsNo Gravatar says:

Would you like me to rent out my mom to you? She loves to do laundry EVERY day.

• BettyNo Gravatar says:

I feel that way about making food. You spend more time making it than eating it, and then you have to think of what to make for the next dinner. UGH!

• Stacy LynnNo Gravatar says:

I think that could be asked of any room in my house and the time frame shortened to minutes in some cases. Housework is a thankless job.

• Barbara H.No Gravatar says:

I know what you mean — same with the sink here. Cleanliness is short-lived!

• riaNo Gravatar says:

Laundry is the bain of my existence. I seriously want to do laundry one day when curt and I are both naked so not creating mire dirties.

Because people wear clothes?

• BevNo Gravatar says:

A friend and I have laughed for years about the day that her husband explained, in all seriousness, that the reason he didn’t take out the trash was because she would just fill it up again….giggle! So goes laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cooking, et al!!!

• GattinaNo Gravatar says:

Typical ! men always arrive with their laundry when it’s just done !

• gigi-hawaiiNo Gravatar says:

Don’t you have a HAMPER???

• LOL. My kids, and for that matter my husband, are experts at that. Sigh…

———————————–
    My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

• ThomNo Gravatar says:

LOL…I would have dropped ’em right where I was carrying them and left ’em ROFLMAO!!! Hau’oli La Hanau to Charley today 🙂 Hope he has a great Birthday 🙂

• JimNo Gravatar says:

This wouldn’t happen at our house. Mrs. Jim might ask what I am washing. If she didn’t then I would say, I’m washing ‘shirts and underwear (an example), do you have anything you want washed with it? I do my own washing.
    If there is anything of hers in my load I will make sure how she wants it dried.

• I so agree. Nothing is more discouraging to me than to spend all day doing laundry, and then we all get ready for bed and the hampers have a bunch of dirty clothes in them again!

This made me laugh!