Punny Monday 11.06.13

June 12, 2011

Welcome to Punny Monday. This is a fun little guessing game meant to spark your imagination and tickle your punny bone. Every Monday I post an original photo and ask my readers to figure out what was going on in my brain (or Amoeba’s) when he/I/we made it. Posting time varies so every time zone occasionally gets a fair shot at being first to see the game.

Here is the image you need to base your guess on:

What adjective does this photo represent? EMAIL your answers and leave a comment designed to either help or confuse your fellow game players. The first contestant to EMAIL me the right answer wins a featured link in my blog which will display until next Monday when we’ll play this little game again. Enjoy.

PLEASE, do not write your guess in the comments. It spoils the game for the other players. Your guesses will be shared when the game ends. Oh, and just because someone announces they’ve won, doesn’t mean that they have. Please keep guessing until I post the answers!

~*~

June 12th, 2011, 11:45 pm — Karen A — Clear-Cut
June 12th, 2011, 11:51 pm — Barbara — Jarred, Iced
June 13th, 2011, 6:06 am — Barbara — Icy, Rocky, Ringed
June 13th, 2011, 12:44 am — Doug — Covering
June 13th, 2011, 6:10 am — Sylvia — Covering

• RavenNo Gravatar says:

Yippee! I’m on time. Think I may have this one. Thanks for the game.

• Karen A.No Gravatar says:

Yes, Raven. You’re brilliant and clearly deserve accolades. You are now Quilly’s featured blogger for an entire week! (assuming she continues PM between camping trips!)

• JimNo Gravatar says:

Congratulations Raven! For sure you are the QUEEN OF PUNS!
      Do you or Quilly have any idea of how many of these you have won?

• RavenNo Gravatar says:

Pretty ring, by the way.

• KarenNo Gravatar says:

Hey! I thought I was first.

• granny annieNo Gravatar says:

Well I’m not first but maybe I’m right:)

• StacyNo Gravatar says:

I’m not up early enough to be first, but I think I got it this time.

Pretty sure it isn’t “sponsored.”

• CarlettaNo Gravatar says:

Everybody seems sure and I haven’t a clue.
    I’m getting coffee and coming back later.
    Doug made me smile though. 🙂

• JimNo Gravatar says:

Looks like a waste of a good coffee pot to me. But that isn’t an adjective.
    I’ll have my own coffee and think for a while. I think it is a hard one. 🙂

• JimNo Gravatar says:

Yesterday’s coffee did not help me one bit!!!! 🙂 But this morning, dogs fed, coffee in hand and being sipped, me on the back porch while the dogs were doing their outside thing, it hit me! JARRING! [I was jarred ;0 ]

It WAS a jarring discovery to say the least. Of course I was right, just on the wrong day, a day short.

Thank you, Quilly, this was a really good one. As you know, puns aren’t my thing but this one was very plainly right there. A really good one!

• Karen A.No Gravatar says:

Jim, I have a blog post about weeds. Maybe you can read it and leave a comment about the kind of weeds that grow in Texas. I’d really appreciate your expertise on the topic.

• Oh, that’s a coffee pot? Looked like something else to me. The shape at the top isn’t right. And the handle is the wrong angle in the back.

But now I’m wondering if I was wrong with my answer – or if you’re just having a busy day and haven’t posted the answers. Hmmmm.

• PegNo Gravatar says:

I don’t have a clue on this one!

• I sent a guess. Hope you’re enjoying the time in HAWAII. Must be nicer to visit than to live there. Hope you get to see Thom!

• Mama ZenNo Gravatar says:

Not a clue, as usual.

Sorry I am so late, guys! I have had a very busy day. I will post the answers tonight after I get back from exercise class!

• Hi Quilly,
    I’ve nominated your blog for a Versatile Blogger Award. Please check out my post to see what to do should you decide to accept this prestigious (?) award.
    Keep up the good work.
    Sylvia

• RiANo Gravatar says:

Wow this is hard!! I’ll have to check back tomorrow and see what the answer was.

• granny annieNo Gravatar says:

Hooray! I was in second place. That is the closest I have come except for the time I emailed my correct answer to the wrong email address and it would have been the winner.. LOL

Previous Post