Slow Learner

October 12, 2011

It finally dawned on me that the time to start acting like a professional writer isn’t after I am published, but before — because if I don’t start behaving like a professional I will likely never be published.  To that end I have a writing blog: Write-Lifting: Exercising Write.  You will find nothing there but short stories, writing exercises and updates that pertain to my writing life.

The first several posts on Write-Lifting will be stories that my long time readers already know. Hopefully you will enjoy reading them again. If not, just wait, I am sure some fresh stuff will come along soon.

I cannot promise a post every day. I will be dedicating most of my time to composing marketable fiction, however I do plan on signing up for NaNoWriMo and will keep a record of my progress on Write-Lifting.

As for Quintessentially Quilly … I love this blog and I am not willing to give it — or all of you — up (If you’re even still here after I’ve been gone all Summer!). Even so, I no longer have the time I once had, so I don’t know what is going to happen here. I would love to resurrect Punny Monday and bring you a few of my own, “He Said, She Said” stories — we shall see ….

• I’m so glad you aren’t totally giving QQ up! The new format was a surprise but it is a bit easier than scrolling down to find an older post.

I can’t believe it’s already 42 degrees there. Brrr!

Linda — there is already a short (Very short) story up on my new site.

We have had the heat on for a couple of hours every morning for about 3 weeks now. Although our temps are still in the low 50’s, I’ve also put the fleece sheets on the bed.

• Barbara H.No Gravatar says:

I am glad you’re cultivating your writing! I do think you have a talent there.

Thank you, Barbara. That means a lot since you are such an excellent writer yourself. Are you going to join me for NaNoWriMo? The goal is to write a 50,000 word, (approximately 175 page) book. If you don’t want to write fiction, select a non-fiction topic that excites you.

Great idea. Looking forward to that.

Thanks, Doug. I knew you’d approve. I am loving The Adventures of Etwas, The Elf btw. I don’t comment because the stories are too perfect to spoil with comments from the peanut gallery.

• tildenNo Gravatar says:

whhhhhoooo!
    its fixed!
    i’m at the library using a way old version of IE, so i’ll look you up when i get home and can see your new layout propery!

• Good for you! I know you will make it. And I’m glad you aren’t totally giving us up. 🙂

• BettyNo Gravatar says:

Glad to see you posting again! I´m on a “sort of” break so I won´t be commenting much, but I am there. I wish you all the best for your writing career!

• CherieNo Gravatar says:

Well, good luck with the writing blog. I can see that I’ll have a new one to add to my list. Love the new theme here too! 🙂

Thank, Cherie — I had to replace the old theme. It wasn’t compatible with the WordPress update and it’s creator wasn’t going to update it. The posting feature didn’t work and saving things was like playing Russian Roulette — will it or won’t it?

• CherieNo Gravatar says:

P.S. I’m thinking of doing the NaBloPoMo version of a blog post per day to try to get me back into the swing of things. Did you do that one year?

Yes, I did do that awhile back — and for the last several years I posted every single day anyway so didn’t bother to sign up. You ought to try NaNoWriMo, too. You’re a pretty good story teller!

• PegNo Gravatar says:

I really like the new layout, too.. I’m so glad you’re back. Good luck and fortune pursuing the writing career.

Previous Post